Heavy Metal- The Chemistry of Getting Metal out of Ores
Workshop description: Alaska is home to the largest zinc mine, tons of gold mines and potentially the largest copper mine. How do we get metals from rocks? This and more will be answered as we use acids and solutions to dissolve rocks then electricity to pull the metals out of those solutions. We’ll turn pennies into silver then gold and do other high tech chemistry.
- Location: MSCS Palmer Campus, 742 S. Alaska St., Palmer, AK
- Date: Friday, September 14
- Time: 3:00 – 4:30 PM
- Grades: 7 -12
- Cost: $50.00 This price includes all materials. Mr. Bergey will write a receipt at the class to be used for reimbursement at MSCS.
- Educational Vendor Instructor: Mr. Ron Bergey
- How to Enroll: Call 907-982-0716 or email at: email@example.com
- Max enrollment is 12 students.