Each student receives an allotment to be used for all aspects of schooling (books, supplies, internet, computer, lessons, etc.). Juniors and Seniors may be eligible for an Honors Allotment if they meet the requirements.
Honors Allotment Check (for Junior/Senior year)
Please visit the Navigating Mat-Su page for more information about Student Allotments and the Honors Program.
Students learn in different ways, and there are a variety of curriculum types to meet individual needs.
Textbook, online, on-site, classes at other MSBSD schools, and college courses are all available through Mat-Su Central. For specific options please visit the How We Learn page for more detailed information.
Credit earned at the high school level may require a meeting with your advisor to review coursework and grades.
Sports and Extra Curricular Activities
After High School
After High School Options
- School Comparison Worksheet
- Going to College in Alaska
- Mat-Su College Requirements for secondary students
See your advisor if you plan to enroll in college courses while in high school.
- List of Current Scholarships
- UAA Guide for Scholarships
- MSC School Profile Information for Scholarship Application
- Tips: Scholarship Essays
- Sample Essay Questions
- Activity Log Sample
- Alaska Performance Scholarship Website
- Alaska Performance Scholarship Requirements
- APS Approved Schools
- APS appeals and procedures
- FASFA – financial aid form
- Student Aid – helpful information
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
Unofficial transcripts can be requested through your advisory teacher. If you need an official transcript sent to a college, institution, or yourself, please contact the Mat-Su Central registrar, Jennifer Bogle, at 907-352-7453 or at email@example.com
Showcase & Share UAA Campus Through New Virtual Tour: In late August, UAA unveiled an interactive, mobile-friendly virtual tour that allows you to more conveniently explore the UAA campus. To view the tour, go to uaa.alaska.edu/virtual-tour.
Scholarships Available! Two links for scholarships. The first is compiled here at Mat Su Central: http://matsucentral.org/scholarships/. The second is through the district link (click submit once you’re reached the page) for scholarships. https://www.matsuk12.us/Page/25271 Review all of the scholarships listed for ones that may apply, even if the due date isn’t posted.
Senior Study Intensives- Structured study time for Seniors to complete work to graduate. Fridays 3/22, 3/29, 4/5,4 /12, 4/19 and a full week from 4/22-4/26. All sessions are from 9am – Noon in the South Roost. Click here to sign-up for study sessions.
Post-Secondary Resources: Be sure to view Mat Su Central’s high school page often! Resources for all things after high school are listed on the left side.
Graduation & Rehearsal will be held at the MENARD SPORTS CENTER located at 1001 S Clapp St in Wasilla.
- Cap & Gown –The deadline to order your cap & gown has passed. Please call Jostens’ directly to place your order and have payment info ready. They can be reached at 1(800) JOSTENS (1-800-567-8367).
- Grad Blast Fundraiser: Order online through July 2019- Yankee Candle Sales!
- Audition Tryouts: Wednesday, April 17 @ 1:30pm. Come tryout to speak or perform at the ceremony. Please review the Audition Rubric.
- Grad Blast Fundraiser: Wednesday, April 17 from 4-8pm at COLD STONE CREAMERY!
- Senior Photos: Due no later than April 25. Please email a recent photo in JPEG format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Photo – your name” in the subject line.
- Grades Due: Wednesday, May 1 (check in with your advisor regularly!)
- Audition Rehearsal: Monday, May 6 @ 10am. Must come for final rehearsal!
- Equipment/Books Due: Please return items between May 1 – 9 (computers, cameras, textbooks, library books, musical instruments, etc.)
- Grad Blast: Thursday, May 9 from 7-9pm at the Extreme Fun Center. Must RSVP by clicking here (eligibility requirements: classes completed, equipment & library books turned in)
- Scholarship Recognition Tea: Wednesday, May 15, 9:30am-10:30am in the Auditorium
- Graduation Rehearsal: Monday, May 13 @ 12pm (MANDATORY) TIME MAY CHANGE – Please check back regularly!!
- Graduation Ceremony: Thursday, May 16 @ 1pm (graduates please arrive at noon!)
- Scholarships: If you have earned a scholarship award other than the APS or UA Scholar and would like to be recognized at our Scholarship Recognition Tea, please contact email@example.com.
- Remind App! Want last minute reminders sent to your smartphone regarding dates and deadlines? Send a text to the number 81010 with @mscs2019 in the message window.
- Graduation Coordinators:
Jennifer Bogle (907) 352-7453 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Porter (907) 352-1371 or email@example.com