Each student receives an allotment to be used for all aspects of schooling (books, supplies, internet, computer, lessons, etc.). Juniors and Seniors may be eligible for an Honors Allotment if they meet the requirements.
Honors Allotment Check (for Junior/Senior year)
Please visit the Navigating Mat-Su page for more information about Student Allotments and the Honors Program.
Students learn in different ways, and there are a variety of curriculum types to meet individual needs.
Textbook, online, on-site, classes at other MSBSD schools, and college courses are all available through Mat-Su Central. For specific options please visit the How We Learn page for more detailed information.
Credit earned at the high school level may require a meeting with your advisor to review coursework and grades.
Sports and Extra Curricular Activities
After High School
After High School Options
- School Comparison Worksheet
- Going to College in Alaska
- Mat-Su College Requirements for secondary students
See your advisor if you plan to enroll in college courses while in high school.
- List of Current Scholarships
- UAA Guide for Scholarships
- Tips: Scholarship Essays
- Sample Essay Questions
- Activity Log Sample
- Alaska Performance Scholarship Website
- Alaska Performance Scholarship Requirements
- APS Approved Schools
- APS appeals and procedures
- FASFA – financial aid form
- Student Aid – helpful information
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
Unofficial transcripts can be requested through your advisory teacher. If you need an official transcript sent to a college, institution, or yourself, please contact the Mat-Su Central registrar, Jennifer Bogle, at 907-352-7453 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Showcase & Share UAA Campus Through New Virtual Tour: In late August, UAA unveiled an interactive, mobile-friendly virtual tour that allows you to more conveniently explore the UAA campus. To view the tour, go to uaa.alaska.edu/virtual-tour.
Scholarships Available! Two links for scholarships. The first is compiled here at Mat Su Central: http://matsucentral.org/scholarships/. The second is through the district link (click submit once you’re reached the page) for scholarships. https://www.matsuk12.us/Page/25271 Review all of the scholarships listed for ones that may apply, even if the due date isn’t posted.
Post-Secondary Resources: Be sure to check this page often! Resources for all things after high school are listed on the left side.
Graduation & Rehearsal will be held at the MENARD SPORTS CENTER located at 1001 S Clapp St in Wasilla.
We will have three graduation meetings. Both student and parent(s) are encouraged to attend. Please plan to attend one of the following:
Thursday, February 20 @ 1:00pm in PALMER
Tuesday, March 24 @ 3:30pm in WASILLA
Wednesday, April 8 @ 3:30pm in WASILLA
- Cap & Gown – Click here to order your cap & gown. Click on “graduation” then scroll to the bottom and select “browse all cap & gown products”. Click on “cap & gown unit” and enter your information. Remember!! This item is eligible for reimbursement! The last day to order is April 15.
- Prom: Arabian Nights! Friday, April 17 from 8-11pm at The Depot in Palmer. Tickets go on sale in March at the Raven’s Roost coffee shop. Want to invite a friend? Please email email@example.com
- Grad Blast Fundraiser: Sees Candy!! Check out the Sees candy for sale at the Raven’s Roost. All proceeds go towards the grad blast for Seniors.
- Senior Photos: Please email one recent photo in JPEG format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Photo – your name” in the subject line. This will play in the slideshow before and after the graduation ceremony. Deadline is May 5.
- Grad Blast: TBD (eligibility requirements: classes completed and equipment/books returned)
- Grades Due: Friday, May 1 (check in with your advisor regularly!)
- Equipment/Books Due: Please return items between May 1 – 7 (computers, cameras, textbooks, library books, musical instruments, etc.) For a list of items, please email email@example.com and include your student’s name.
- Scholarship Recognition Tea: TBD
- Graduation Rehearsal: Monday, May 11 @ 1pm – Mandatory (time/date are tentative and may change)
- Graduation Ceremony: Thursday, May 14 @ 1pm (graduates please arrive at noon!)
- Remind App! Want last minute reminders sent to your smartphone regarding dates and deadlines? Send a text to the number 81010 with @mscs-2020 in the message window.