Seward Sea life Center & AK Wildlife Conservation Center
April 10, 2019 @ 9:45 am - April 11, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Join us on a WILD Adventure to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and the Seward Sea Life Center!
On our first stop, MSC students will enjoy a sack lunch at Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center’s Bison Hall. After lunch we will embark on a walking tour of the conservation center and learn about bears, moose, muskox, wood bison and more!
Next, we will take a journey back in time and explore the unique history of the area at the Seward Museum. A museum scavenger hunt will lead students through the exhibits as they learn more about this fishing town.
Dive into an underwater adventure with us at the Sea Life Center! We will learn about marine mammal adaptations and learn about the mysterious animals that inhabit the ocean’s depths in a bioluminescence lesson.
Mandatory meeting April 8th, 10 – 11am at MSC, Wasilla Campus – to meet and discuss logistics
- Itinerary: April 10th and 11th
- Arrive at MSC to sign-in at 9:45am
- The School bus will depart MSC at 10:00am
- Arrive at AK Wildlife Conservation Center at 12:15pm. Enjoy a sack lunch followed by a walking tour of the park. We will depart the Center at 2:00pm
- We will tour the Seward Museum from 4:00- 4:45pm
- Check into the Seward Sea life Center at 5:00pm and begin the nocturnal program. Dinner at 6:30, Lights out at 9:30pm.
- Breakfast at 7:15 am, pack up the bus. Day program at the Seward Sea Life Center 9:00 – 10:00am, visit the touch tanks 10:00 – 11:00am followed by lunch. Depart Seward at 12:30pm
- Arrive back at MSC between 4:30 – 5:00pm.
This field trip is designed for students in grades 4 and up.
Student Cost: $169.50 This price includes food. The cost of this field trip will be automatically deducted from the students allotment.
Adult Cost: $ 80.00. Parents are welcome and encouraged to come! Adults must pay Mr. Henry Henson, MSC Accountant, 2 weeks before departure. MSC accepts cash, check or credit card. In accordance with AR 1240, all overnight chaperones must have a current Interested Persons Repot (IPR) on file with MSCS. You can get an IPR at any State Troopers office. The cost for the IPR is approximately $20; this can be reimbursed from your students allotment. Please submit your IPR to Gena Chastain 2 weeks before the overnight trip.
Check back here for a clickable sign-up link on February 28th.