At Mat-Su Central, assessments are viewed as resources for parents and educators to help identify areas of strength and weakness to help parents and students best plan as they move throughout their learning plans. Below are several of the assessments that we have access to.
If you have questions about any of these, please contact your advisor or our counseling staff.
PEAKS – Performance Evaluation for Alaska’s Schools
- Testing Schedule
- Timing Estimates for PEAK
**Online Tools Training & Test Tutorials
We will be having PEAK practice sessions at our Palmer and Wasilla sites. Drop in anytime from 11:00-3:00 if you would like your kids to practice with us.
Wasilla: Wednesday, March 21st from 11:00-3:00 and Thursday, March 22nd from 11:00-3:00
Palmer: Wednesday, March 7th 11:00-3:00
- Online Tools Training – Log in and practice actual test items
- Select (click) a subject (English Language Arts, Mathematics, or Science),
- select your child’s grade
- Audio is for students with testing accommodations
- Online Test Tutorials – Watch the video tutorials
- After opening a subject, click on the “white” buttons to watch a tutorial.
- Please explore the subject(s) your child will test in.
PEAKS resources available on the Department of Education’s website:
- PEAKS Test Blueprint – Design of 2018 English Language Arts and Math grades 3-9
- Spring 2018 Assessment Item Types
- Question and answer sample resources for PEAK
Measures of Academic Progress – MAP
MAP is an assessment tool that helps parents view their student’s progress and compare their scores to others around the country and in the district in their same grade. Not only does MAP provide basic information, it also has a lot of instructional information and suggestions for families and advisors. Lastly, there are many other resources that utilize MAP’s scoring guides to help create specific units of study for students in different areas.
The goal of this area is to help parents know what some of those resources are and how to access them once your student has taken the MAP assessment.
Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®) creates a personalized assessment experience by adapting to each student’s learning level—precisely measuring student progress and growth for each individual.